Sunday, January 20, 2013

Last four months of my life

A lot has changed in my life recently.  Mainly my looks.  For the last decade of my life I have had a weight issue.  That's what it is.  The quickest way to start losing weight is to admit that you are in trouble.  I was in trouble.  Health still good overall but I was at a point where I knew change was needed now not later.

I have lost as of Saturday morning January 19, 66 pounds.  I would not like to lose about 34 more pounds.  I have learned a couple things through the process that I want to mention here in this post.

First, a person has to be motivated intrinsically to get much done in their life.  External motivation is good but true motivation comes from within.  As a coach I expect a lot from my players.  How can I expect so much from them if I do not expect a lot from myself.  I wanted to fix myself so that I could stop being a hypocrite.  I was motivated to lose weight so that I could feel better about myself as well.  A person can forget what they are missing if they have not experienced it in a long time.  I feel so much better now.  I had forgotten what this felt like.  I'm not there yet don't get me wrong.  Still a long ways to go.  But I feel so much better now.  A friend has told me: "no food taste as good as skinny feels".  Or something like that.  And that is true.

Second, stop acting like you don't need help in your life.  So many people think they are strong enough to not need help from others.  They think that is a sign of weakness.  In this life you need community.  I have that.  My mom is working hard now to lose weight as well.  That is motivation.  I have a head coach who is in great shape and motivates me and he does not even know that.  Even comments from people on the outside about how I use to look has motivated me.  I have heard those comments before but the combination of factors motivated me.  Biggest of all is that I have met people in my life recently that have changed it.  I have good people in my life that motivate me to lose weight but have also shown me how to.  My brother first introduced me to an app on my phone.  I finally downloaded it when a local friend also showed me how it works.  My life has changed because of people.  I have learned to cook.  I'm not bad at it.  I have been shown healthy food that is good for you.  My life is better now thanks to people.  I will never be able to thank them enough.



No comments: